It’s time for a not-so humble brag! Kelly Blue Book once again chose Honda as the top-winning brand for its annual 2020 Best Buy Awards. Honda won in more categories than any other brand, led by the 2020 Honda Civic as a six-time winner in the Compact Car category.
Accord, CR-V, and Odyssey also won their respective categories as they have for five of the past six years. And the Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid repeated its class victory for a third time.
The Kelley Blue Book Best Buy Awards are the result of a yearlong process of expert evaluation and testing of nearly every new vehicle available in the U.S. Criteria include vehicle pricing, five-year cost-to-own data, consumer reviews and ratings, and vehicle sales information.
Honda’s wins include:
- 2020 Honda Civic – Compact Car: Calling it the “benchmark for the compact car segment,” Kelley Blue Book editors praised Civic’s blend of sport and practicality, along with its variety of choices in body styles, trims and engines (6-time winner).
- 2020 Honda Accord – Midsize Car: Singled out as the “quintessential family car,” Kelley Blue Book editors noted that Accord continues to deliver on high expectations, with comfortable ride and capable performance, excellent value, and handsome styling (5-time winner).
- 2020 Honda CR-V – Compact SUV: The recently refreshed 2020 CR-V stood out to Kelley Blue Book editors with its clean styling, comfortable and roomy interior, easy-to-drive demeanor, and highly anticipated new CR-V Hybrid model, coming early in 2020 (5-time winner).
- 2020 Honda Odyssey – Minivan: The Odyssey’s safety technology and performance, long-term value, 8-person capacity, and refined driving manners continue to make it a top pick in the Minivan category (5-time winner).
- 2020 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid – Plug-In Hybrid Car: Praised for its driving dynamics, roomy interior and plug-in powertrain, the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid has won a Best Buy Award for three straight years.