As you dig out your snow shovel to prepare for the inevitable snows to come, it’s also a good time to get your car ready for winter weather.
We compiled some tips to make sure your battery is in optimal condition during the coming cold season.
- Engine cranks but doesn’t start. While this might seem like normal behavior during the cold months, it’s also a sign there might be something wrong with your battery.
- No lights, no start, no cranking. Did you leave your lights on overnight? If not, it’s probably time to get a new battery.
- One minute it starts fine, the next it won’t. Don’t just chalk this up to your car being finicky. This could be a sign that your battery is on its last legs.
- Difficult with cold cranking. This is another symptom vehicle owners often overlook. If you are having trouble starting your car, get that battery checked out!
- Having to jump start your vehicle. Again, did you leave your car lights on and drain your battery? No? Well, then it is likely a bad battery.
Make sure your car is tuned up and ready to go for this upcoming Black Hills winter. This month, we’re offering a special deal on a new battery. Check out all our monthly service specials, or call 605-348-4468 for more information.